Thank you for joining us on these retreats, to assist you in your packing and preparation we have put together a list of what to bring…
Kakadu & Arnhem Land Cultural Retreats
- Good walking shoes or boots.
- Sandals need to have good ankle support & sturdy tread
- Organic Sunscreen
- Organic Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking
- Swimming costume and a towel
- Light comfortable clothing, shorts daytimes walking
- Comfortable long pants, jacket / or polar fleece top for nights
- Medication and other personal requirements
- Light Day pack for hikes
- Note book & pen
- Sleeping bag for 2 nights in swag (can be hired for $10 – please let us know)
- A sense of humour
Luggage is strictly restricted to 10 kilos per person
Sailing & Cruising on Whale Watching Trips
- Cap or Hat that can be secured for windy conditions plus sunglasses (polarized are best) – good to have these tied on to you somehow to avoid losing overboard
- Sunscreen, and other personal toiletries. Please bring only Environmentally friendly to ocean and body, certified organic pure non-toxic products.
- bring ear care and insect repellent if such things are a problem for you (ear plugs can prove useful at times)
- Minimal clothes for hot, cold, wet and windy conditions
- Shoes – preferably non marking (on the deck) soles
- Swimmers, towel (sarongs are very handy)
- Snorkeling gear – mask, snorkel and fins (wetsuit if available) – there may be some spare gear to use.
- musical instruments
- compact sleeping bag for sleeping on the beach/deck if the urge takes you.
Contact Alora if you would like to purchase some Miessence products, such as sunscreen etc.